We’re looking for a highly motivated, curious, and personable support and testing person. You will work with our existing support manager in our Auckland office to provide a great experience for our clients in over 40 countries, and help our development teams to build the very best in open-source software for low and middle-income countries.
The day-to-day is varied here at The mSupply Foundation and we’ll work with you to ensure you have job satisfaction in what you are doing. We offer the option to work from home some of the time, and we like to pay our staff well!
About The mSupply Foundation
We’re a NZ registered charity that works in 38 countries across the Pacific, Asia & Africa.
We make software for managing health supply chains, and have a wonderful team of about 20 people in Kathmandu, 20 people in New Zealand and another 10 people in Africa, UK, Australia & Canada. We value people highly. By default we think the people we work with are kind, intelligent, and we treat them as such.
We have the best team. They are like, amazing. You’ll love them. That is, you’ll get lots of friendly support. We’re all doing this out of a sense of purpose. We want to make the world a better place, so you need to share that with us, else you’ll be a fish out of water.
What you’ll be doing
- Making sure support requests from our customers around the world are handled in a timely and competent manner. When required, provide guidance and train our customers on use of our software.
- Escalate issues to the development team when needed
- Create, run, and understand test cases for the software
- Participate in the continuous process of improving the testing process
- Report clear and descriptive feedback to the development team on possible bugs
- You need to like software in general, and be able to understand software from a user perspective (you don’t have to have any coding experience).
- Creative and takes initiative to problem solve
- Being highly organised + able to prioritise tasks well
- Great people skills – you’ll be working with a team, helping them to do their jobs well and treat our clients well. You’ll need to be clear, considerate, friendly, and empathetic.
- Team player
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience in testing is a plus, but not required!
Other stuff, important stuff
- We’re based in Auckland, and our future Tester & Support person will need to be as well (hopefully you!).
- We will try to pay a salary that is fair. We run open books.
We know that men tend to apply for jobs when they meet 60% of the qualifications, while women and people from other minority groups tend to only apply for jobs when they meet nearly all of them. With that in mind, if you like the sound of the job, we encourage you to apply!
HOW TO APPLY
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and also answer the following questions:
- Tell us your view of people, society, and the world.
- Send us a poem you wrote, or like.
- Tell us how you’d fit in, given what we’ve described above.